United Kingdom Airsoft Retailers Association
The United Kingdom Airsoft Retailers Association was formed in response to the 2006 Violent Crime Reduction bill to enable a safe method of selling Realistic Imitation Firearms (RiF's) to the UK Airsoft player market by confirming the eligibility of purchasers.
Game sites and players are free to join, to find out how and whether your eligible please view the following sections.
News, June 2017: Dear players, game sites and retailers.
We apologise for the extended disruption between March to the end of the May this year caused by a software update coinciding with server failure. Due to the difficulties of reverting the system and base line age of the frame work UKARA took the opportunity to develop a new replacement platform.
This system is still being developed, game sites and retailers now have access and are able to process player searches, update player expires and add new airsoft skirmishers.
The player self check functionality, and online player application form will be unavailable for several months.
Player registration is free, to become a registered airsoft player you are required to take part in three games at the same UKARA registered game site over a minimum of two months, e.g. the third game being 56 days or more after the first.
You must be over 18 years of age, live within the UK and able to provide identification such as Passport, Drivers License or Bank Statement.
Please print, complete the form clearly and supply to your game site for validation.
Game site registration
If you operate an Airsoft game site that wishes to be become UKARA registered, please download the form below and return by email completed with your Airsoft Public Liability Insurance to the address found at the bottom of the page (please review the operational parameters 1 to 9). There is currently no charge for Game Site registration.
You will need to arrange with your insurance company for permission for UKARA to contact them by phone to confirm insured status if required. Forms should be completed and returned by the Senior game site operator, please do not duplicate returns.
Once processed your site name, web URL and address will be added to the approved sites list for the customers benefit. This will show sites that can be attended to obtain validation, and you will be issued with a UKARA stamp for validating player forms.
Please use membership numbers which are in the format of XXX12345 - three alpha characters followed by five numeric characters. The exact site-specific format should be agreed at time of registration.
Confidential information will be held on a secure database and will only be used for confirming your membership of the UKARA scheme. Failure to follow validating procedure in a professional manner will mean an immediate termination of your approved status.
To register with UKARA as a game site you must follow these operating parameters:
- Must have, and keep more than 20 registered eligible players ( within 6 months except in special circumstances ).
- Must have a venue, or authorisation to use a venue.
- Must have third party liability for the game of Airsoft appropriate to the terms of operation.
- Must run proper Airsoft Skirmishing games with players shooting players in scenarios.
- Must keep accurate records of all its members and their details accessible for scrutiny.
- Only register new players who have played 3 games over a period of time of more than 56 days (2 months) who are over 18 and have verified their home address & date of birth.
- Must not register players on behalf of other game sites.
- Will not register parents or guardians of under age players except where they qualify by right.
- Should realise that should legal action be taken against a retailer in association of a sale, player verification will be a major issue.
To apply as a retailer please download and complete the following PDF form. All applications must be scanned with accompanying paper work and returned by email to the address found below.
Before applying you must be able to comply with section 6. Applications can take up to one working month to process.
UKARA retains the right to cancel or terminate any retailer registration without a refund should it bring UKARA directly or indirectly into disrepute, and/or trade outside standard UK business face to face and distance selling regulations.
- Applicants must have verifiable commercial premises.
- Must retail Airsoft products as one of their main product lines.
- Must have a business cheque account.
- Shall have a business insurance policy relating Airsoft to protect the retailer, employee and the customer with public liability.
- Must provide 2 Trade References from Airsoft Retailers or Wholesalers.
- Must have all the first 5 points before making an application.
- The business must display full contact details with a fully comprehensive list of terms and conditions of sales, which must include the legal requirements for, sales, returns, repairs, and a complaints procedure on your web site, or in its shop.
- Must not be acting as a sales office for a non UK firm.
- Must be a retailer and not a wholesaler.
- Must keep all processed player forms as hard copies and make available if required, or return to UKARA Admin if membership is terminated by either side.
Approved retailers & game sites
UKARA registered retailers:
- 308 Sniper Ltd
- Adventure 1
- Airsoft World Ltd
- Airsoft Zone Ltd
- Bespoke Airsoft Ltd
- Bullseye Country Sport
- Camo Raids
- Combat Action Games
- Crawley Surplus Store
- D and B Militaria
- Elite Shooting Centre
- Firesupport Ltd
- First and Only Retail
- Gear of War
- JD Airsoft Ltd
- Just BB Guns Ltd
- Land Warrior Airsoft
- Marcruss Stores Army Dept
- Milspec Solutions Ltd
- MMG Trading Ltd
- MPA Enterprises Ltd
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Patrol Base Ltd
- Platoon Stores
- Quartermaster Military Store
- Red 1 Airsoft Ltd
- RedWolf Airsoft Ltd
- Socom Tactical Ltd
- Sporting Supplies
- Tactical Airsoft UK Ltd
- Trigger Happy Ltd
- Urban Airsoft Store
- Zero One Airsoft Ltd
UKARA registered game sites: